Friday, April 24, 2015

More Easter Adventures - Sunday and Monday

I realised I didn't finish posting the rest of my photos from Easter weekend! Easter Sunday involved a lot of eating and Easter crafts.
I went to my friend Shell's place to hang out and dye Easter eggs, Shell is from the USA and had ALL kinds of Easter treats from the USA.


My friend Joy gave me this cute little Easter present, the wacky balloon cat guy was in  my kinder surprise egg!


We dyed Easter eggs with food colouring and also Kool-Aid - we don't actually get Kool-Aid in New Zealand, but Shell had a stash that she had been sent from friends back home. We even managed to mix some colours and create black eggs.
Shell lives in Highbury and I took this view as I was walking home from her house - such a pretty view.
I found this map as I was walking home - I'm a bit of a map geek, so this is the kind of street art I totally appreciate.

On Sunday we decided to walk to the summit of Mount Victoria, via the suburb of Mount Victoria. I was pretty excited when we found these rabbits along the way. They are appropriate guys to find on Easter Monday and also rabbits are one of my favourite animals.


I haven't spent a lot of time in Mount Victoria as a suburb, but its really a cute neighbourhood. Maybe I will live here some day!



Next stop the summit of Mount Victoria - its feeling autumnal up in the town belt now.





On the way back down from the summit we stopped off at a look out which is a kind of memorial to the Duke of Wellington and Thomas Wakefield.


Finally on the way home we saw this - I think I kind of prefer it to "Keep Calm and Carry On"

3 comments:

Louise said...

Sounds and looks like you had a great Easter! I've always wanted to dye eggs at Easter; probably because it reminds me of Steel Magnolias! All of the American Easter goodies look so interesting, and I love the bunny street art- so cute! xx

Vix said...

Get street art especially that take on "Keep Calm"! xxx

Anonymous said...

I had SOOO much fun with you, and I can't wait until we get to hang out again, sooon! x